Remote Therapeutic Monitoring
1. Do only Medicare, Med-Advantage, Medicaid plans reimburse RTM CPT codes?
2. What percentage of my caseload should Medicare/Med-Advantage/Medicaid insured be at making an RTM program worth implementing?
3. How much extra time will be needed by therapists to achieve billing RTM codes?
Your therapists likely field client emails, phone calls, modify the existing HEP and issue additional educational materials in their already busy day. By appropriately documenting these once non-billable tasks, 98980/81 may be eligible to bill. With an effective workflow, you can estimate around 1 hour of time per month/per PT. This time can be allocated in a myriad of different ways according to your unique clinic.
4. If I was able to bill all the CPT codes available on a compliant patient, what is the expected reimbursement?
5. What is the realistic reimbursement bump when factoring in patient compliance, and how often are the criteria met to bill RTM CPT codes?
6. How long does RTM implementation take?
- Beginning with a leadership meeting to discuss optimal workflow,
- Prevention of hurdles and compliance groundwork,
- Staff meetings commence at the rate of which the meetings can be organized by the clinic.